Friday 19 April 2024

Steve & Ed - Dream Song (Rare 1975 US Psych Folk masterpiece)

 

Very great Psych Folk LP recorded in 1975 by Steve Hicks and Ed Rosiek.

A surprisingly good folk-pop LP on the vanity label Century that I picked up recently due to my "leave no stock cover behind" compulsion. The notes say it was recorded in a Los Angeles area church, and it has a sort of cavernous low-fi sound quality that I quite enjoy. Very soothing Simon & Garfunkel-esque harmonies on most tracks, with sparse, acoustic heavy arrangements. Recorded in 1975, but tracks like "I Love The Rain" could easily pass for late 60′s to my ears. The majestic, spoken title track is nice as well. (from waxidermy)

Listen : B1. Dream SongA2. I Love the Rain & A5. Where You Belong & A6. Susan (And With Her Comes Spring) & A1. There's No Gettin' Off NowA3. When I Was a Boy + B5. The Dream That Never Was 


A top fave of mine ! Excellent LP from start to finish !!!


Record : EXC
Cover : EXC (still in shrink - see pictures)
Price : 350,00 Euros (+ expedition costs by registered parcel calculated by the Belgian Post)
Payment : PAYPAL only to etienne.reyser@gmail.com
Contact : etienne.reyser@gmail.com 

No comments: