Friday 26 June 2020

Erik Britton - The Troll (Amazing 1980 US Private Outsider Psych Folk LP)


Erik Britton's sound can only be described as "demented troubador," just his intense voice and a frantic 12-string guitar.


"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
(... Henry David Thoreau)
I have always heard a different drummer. I have always travelled my own road. And now I find the drummer is myself. The music that I hear is at last my own. Can you hear it ?
(notes from the back cover)


Very great one-side long song (15'20") on the A side : "The Troll"

Listen to these two songs on YouTube :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtZGfn2jb8
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDPfLWUo7w


Another little gem still to be discovered in my opinion !


Record : EXC+ (was still sealed, I opened it to check it)
Cover : EXC (still in shrink - see pictures)
Price : 200,00 Euros (+ expedition costs calculated by the Belgian Post office)
Payment : PAYPAL only
Contact : etienne.reyser@gmail.com

No comments: